Click below image for BEC-QEEE Login
The Committee for Reforms in Technical Education under the chairmanship of Professor Ashok Jhunjhunwala, IIT Madras, has been constituted by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD) with a mandate to bring about comprehensive reforms in technical education.
Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot is QEEE member institute. Students of BEC have the previledge of learning from professors of premier institutions and can attend online live lectures of IIT professors.
The program consists of certain modules planned to be delivered through an educational platform (software/hardware) developed for this purpose. These, put together, cover all aspects of technical education. These modules are briefly described below.
* Live Lectures: In this programme, a part of (about 1/3rd to begin with) of the selected courses lectures would be delivered live from the IIT classroom to all participating colleges using the tool via communications hardware being set up. The schedule of lectures will be predetermined and made available in advance to all participating colleges. At the scheduled time, the lecture will be brought live to the classroom, with the local lecturer playing the role of moderator. The session will mimic a live session as much as possible, with opportunities for sharing and interaction between students and instructor.
* Tutorials: They are an important supplemental e-learning program built on the idea of peer learning through pre planned informal study circles. The educational platform enables previously delivered as well as new academic content to be viewed and reviewed by students amongst their peer group with or without the virtual presence of the instructor.
* Interactive E-books: As the name suggests it is the electronic presentation of text in a readable format published digitally as a volume. These E-books have been specially designed for specific courses by highly rated teachers, They utilise graphically rich learning techniques including text, images, graphics/animations, videos, audios, reference links, illustrations, presentations etc to enable a wider access to resources and material previously limited to only a few institutes. This module will also have features that allow users to request for translations / provide translations into Indian languages
* Virtual Labs: This module looks to provide virtual hands-on experience to students on experiments undertaken remotely. It creates an opportunity to work on a real lab experiment tailored to suit their syllabus and curriculum. It provides students and teachers alike, a chance to access quality resources and materials.
* MOOC (Open Courseware): Open course ware essentially constitutes a licensed mechanism of delivering courses online directly to the student and not necessarily through the institutional set-up. It enables customized anytime anywhere learning through the internet.