The Training and Placement Office (TPO) of the BEC acts as interface between the campus and the corporate world, creating an active liaison between academia and industry.
BEC, Bagalkot placement policy is as follows.
There may be multiple companies in a slot. It may be noted that a particular slot may span over multiple days. Also, there may be multiple sessions in a single day.
Companies offering CTC (Cost to Company) of 8 Lakhs and above per annum will participate in the slot-1.
Three to four days are reserved in the first week of each placement season.
Companies will announce results on the last day of slot-1, students selected in this slot will be de-registered from rest of the placement process.
Students will be given one or two days’ time to accept only one offer, if student has multiple offers. Same will be communicated to company.
Companies offering CTC (Cost to Company) between 5.5 Lakhs to 7.99 Lakhs per annum will participate in slot-2.
Five to Six days are reserved for slot-2in the second week of each placement season. Companies will announce results on the last day of slot-2.
Students will be given one or two days’to accept only one offer, if student has multiple offers. Same will be communicated to company.
Companies offering CTC (Cost to Company) less than 5.49 Lakhs per annum will participate in slot-3.
Ten to fifteen days will be reserved for slot-3 in the third and fourth week of each placement season. Companies will announce results on the last day of slot-3.
Students will be given one or two days’ to accept only one offer, if student has multiple offers. Same will be communicated to company.
1) On completion of the recruitment process in each slot, the company needs to submit the final list of offers in a closed envelope to the placement
officer. All the offers will be opened at the end of the each slotwhen all companies finish their recruitment process.
2) If a student gets selected in slot-1 then he/she will be de-registered from rest of the placement process.
3) If a student gets selected in slot-2 or slot-3, he/she will be eligible for higher priority slots.
Eligibility & Registration
1) All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year 2021-2022 and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with this office. Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
2) Registration for all programmes will be done during the month of June/October.
3) Campus placement is a facility provided for the students. Registration is not compulsory.
Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement.
4) Backlogs: Students having backlog of 4 or more courses are not permitted to register for placement.
Such students are advised to clear the backlogs and then register after the July/December end semester examinations.
5) RE-REGISTRATION: Students who have lost the job for genuine reasons will be allowed to re-register on a case to case basis.
6) MTech& PhD scholars’ placement will happen round the year. Their registration will be valid for one year only.
They can register by attaching a certificate (NOC) & Abstract in the prescribed format available in the Placement office.
7) Students who have graduated in 2021, but not placed due to various genuine reasons, may be permitted to re-register with the approval of the concerned authorities.
They will be permitted to appear for placement only from Slot-3 or later, as approved by the Board of Placements.
8) The registration fee will not be refunded under any circumstance.
1) Notices of the PPT will be published well in advance. Students should be seated in the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the pre placement talk.
2) Students interested in a particular company, attendance for pre placement talk is compulsory.
3) Students must go through the complete selection process of a particular company, once their resumes are uploaded.
4) Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc. must be sought from the companies during pre placement talk only
5) DRESS CODE: Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any interaction with a company
This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process/pre placement talk, if they do not dress up formally.
Students are expected to know the norms for formal wear; for the benefit of those who claim ignorance, please note that the following are strictly not
* T-shirts with printed text; un-collared T-shirts
* Shirt not-tucked in
* Chappals / flip-flops
It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements / notices / updated information / shortlisted names etc. in the notice boards of Placement office. Students are expected to be punctual.
ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY:
a) A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company.
Any student who withdraws deliberately in the middle of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
b) LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST / GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
a) Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behavior in every action they take during the placement process.
Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute's name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
b) Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (Test/GD/Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
c) Dress code should be maintained as described above.
1) The details given in the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
2) Students have to upload and submit their resumes on the website to individual companies well before the deadline. Resume once submitted cannot be modified.
DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
3) Students are advised to avoid last minute uploading, as it may lead to delays and some may even be left out.
The students are not allowed to communicate directly with the company personnel/HR who visit campus for recruitment until the complete
process of the company is over. However, if the company wishes to interact with the students, it must be done with the approval of the Placement Team.
Any unapproved interaction with the company personnel in campus will lead to strict action against the concerned student(s).
Always keep CV & documents handy as soft-copy online for any placement activity along with hard copies. Do not forget to bring all original documents and
ID-card at the time of written tests and interviews.
There may be Pre placement talk/tests/events on very short notices due to unavoidable circumstances. Students are asked to be prepared for such
situations and keep checking for updates frequently.
Any unfair means during any point in the process will lead to immediate disqualification from the current placement season.