Department of AI & ML
The department is comparable to the best in the land and stands tall both in terms of infrastructure and qualified/ committed faculty. The department is housed in a picturesque building consisting of well equipped seminar hall, department library, faculty rooms and four separate computer laboratories equipped with over 150, state of the art networked computers.
The department environs have a pervasive and high quality Wi-Fi network. Most of the system software including operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Solaris etc and compilers of all programming languages, assemblers, editors, programming environments such as MATLAB etc are available in the department.
Many application software including word processors, spreadsheets, desktop publishing software, databases, graphics animation and multimedia tools such as 3D Max are made available to the students and faculty.
In department the faculty are very enthusiastic and pursue research with passion. The research areas pursued by the faculty include Vehicular Ad-hoc Network(VANET), Image processing, Computer networks, Mobile computing, Natural Language processing, Pattern recognition etc. The faculty have published books and technical papers in refereed journals and reputed conferences in their areas of expertise. We execute many sponsored infrastructure enhancement and research projects; till date more than Rs 1.11 Crores of funding has been received for the purpose. We strive to regularly conduct Faculty Development Programs and other training programs to disseminate knowledge in the area of Information Technology.To be unique center of excellence in IT education and research.
- * To impart quality IT education and nurture socially responsible, technically sound and morally upright IT professionals imbued with entrepreneurial skills and the spirit of innovation.
- * Carry out the research to fulfill the needs of the society and country at large.
- The curriculum is spread over core subjects in the first year and specialization subjects in the second year.
- Curriculum revised in consultation with the industrialists and academic experts.
- Self awareness and growth for personal effectiveness.
- An eight week summer internship to familiarize the students with the work environment/management practices.
- Long term research project.
- Facilitate placement for the students.
- During the second year, the students can choose to specialize in two selected areas of their interest.