Autonomous Examination Section
Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot was granted Autonomous status to the college from the academic year 2007-2008 by Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU), Belagavi. Autonomous examination section was established in the year 2007. The key functionalities include Online Subject registration, CIE marks entry for the faculty, conduction of SEE Examination, Result processing, Result analysis and Result Announcement, printing of Grade Cards, issue of Transcripts and Provisional Degree Certificates to the students and submitting final list of eligible students for the award of degree to VTU, Belagavi. The examination section is headed by Controller of Examinations. Presently, 3 Chief Coordinators, 12 staff members are working in the examination section.
- The department offers B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with an annual intake of 120 students, M.Tech. in Machine Design with an annual intake of 18 students.
- Research and Development Centre was established in the year 2000 and offers M.Sc. (Engg.) and Ph.D. programmes under VTU, Belagavi.
- Currently, the total student strength including undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes is around 560.
- The department has the strength in terms of good number of experienced and well qualified faculty.
- The department has excellent infrastructure, with support from several government funding agencies like DRDO and NRB (Ministry of Defence, Government of India), DST and CSIR (Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India), Board of Research in Fusion Science & Technology (BRFST, National Fusion Programme, Institute of Plasma Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat), AICTE (MHRD, Government of India) and VGST (Government of Karnataka).
- In addition to research work, the department is engaged in providing development of new materials and testing of materials to Private Sectors/Institutions.
- To enhance the technical activities of the students, TEQIP fund (Technical Education and Quality Improvement Programme of World Bank) is provided for such students to enhance their skill and employability. Further, students training programs are conducting through funding agencies like AICTE and DRDO.
- The department is accredited with QIP Centre (Quality Improvement Programme of AICTE, New Delhi) and offers Doctoral & Master’s Degree Programmes to the faculty members of other institutions.
Name of the Program Accreditation Status of the Department by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi Basis of Evaluation Period of Validity B. E.
Accredited Under Tier I- According to Washington Accord
CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS