Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Basaveshwar Engineering College (Autonomous), Bagalkot has established a Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to enhance quality in the engineering education as per UGC guidelines. Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in colleges. Internal Quality Assurance Cell, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. Every College should have an internal quality assurance system, with appropriate structure and processes, and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders.
The internal quality assurance mechanism of the institution is called "Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)". The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the colleges. The IQAC channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence. It is not another hierarchical structure or record-keeping exercise in the institution; it would be a facilitative and participative part of the institution. The IQAC is a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
QAC is constituted in Basaveshwar Engineering College (Autonomous), Bagalkot to ensure quality in Academic and administrative processes.
The objectives of IQAC
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The major functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Promotion of quality circles in the institution to enhance quality;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Adoption and dissemination of best practices to ensure quality in the institution;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through ERP for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication